By Angie Orellana Hernandez, CNN. Recipe from Carmen Angel ‘You just healed my hand with an arepa con queso,’ Mirabel Madrigal tells her mother, Julieta, in the movie ‘Encanto,’ while holding a cheesy arepa — a round corn cake. ‘I healed your hand with love,’ Julieta replies. ‘Encanto,’ which won the Oscar for best animated feature this year, follows the magical Madrigal family who all, except for Mirabel, have superpowers. While the film’s themes are based on family and love, its foundations are rooted in Colombian culture, which includes spotlighting the arepa as an essential part of its cuisine.
- Eleven Madison Park Chef Daniel Humm Launches Plant-Based Meal Kit Service
- Yield10 Bioscience Names Willie Loh, Ph.D., Former Cargill Executive, as Special Commercial and Technical Advisor
- Sign up for Unlocking the World, CNN Travel’s weekly newsletter. Get news about destinations opening and closing, inspiration for future adventures, plus the latest in aviation, food and drink, where to stay and other travel developments.
- Picnic Dinners – What things to Bring & Things to Log off
- Pescanova, GlobeXplore win 2022 Seafood Excellence Global awards
No comments to show.